YoBike (West) Bristol Mechanic
YoBike is a Cycling Revolution! We believe riding a bicycle in a city should be simple and affordable. Our riders can hire lightweight and well-made bicycles from anywhere at anytime quickly and without the inconvenience of docking stations and cumbersome registration and payment systems. We want people to have the option to ride a bike to anywhere they want to go in the city, and have lots of fun while doing it!
This is a great opportunity for a mechanic, with as little as 1 year workshop experience or a senior mechanic with over 5 years workshop experience to join YoBike. You will be responsible for maintaining and servicing the YoBikes and helping to keep the bikes operational and available for public hire. The bikes will be delivered to the workshop, where you will carry out all works, and keep a maintenance record. Once fixed the bikes will be returned to the streets for public use.
To service and maintain a fleet of YoBikes for public hire.
● Receive YoBikes into the workshop on a daily basis from the YoBike van drivers.
● Assess condition and prioritise work to ensure bikes can be returned to the streets for hire quickly
● Undertake routine maintenance tasks and carry out repairs to high quality standards.
● Log all works undertaken on the bikes.
● Arrange with the van drivers for the collection and re-distribuiton of fixed bikes.
● Work closely with the YoBike City Manager and Van drivers to ensure all work is carried out to high standards and systems and procedures are working effectively.
● Be responsible for Health & Safety in the workshop areas, keeping your work area clean, tidy and hazard free.
● Monitor use of stock and maintain accurate systems for ordering and stock control.
● Organise correct, secure and timely disposal of scrap parts and other waste.
We move quickly so applications should be submitted to jobs@YoBike.co.uk as soon as possible.